4 steaks, about 150g each, at room temperature
1/2 tsp salt
3 garlic cloves
2 chilies, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup lime juice
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup chopped corriander
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1 small head cauliflower
1 tsp canola oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp salt
- To make the cauliflower rice, cut cauliflower into florets. Pulse florets in a food processor until finely chopped to resemble rice.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then onion. Cook until soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower. Cook until tender, about 2 more minutes. Stir in salt and season with fresh pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Sprinkle both sides of steaks with salt and season with fresh pepper.
- Whirl garlic and chilies in a food processor until finely chopped. Add lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, corriander and mint. Whirl until finely chopped. Scrape into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Barbecue steaks, with lid open, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board. Let stand 5 minutes, then slice into thin strips. Drizzle steak with corriander sauce and sprinkled with more mint if desired.
- Serve steak with cauliflower rice.
Makes 4 servings. Aprox 300 Cal per serve